Singapore Style: Black Accent Walls

Tuesday, February 5, 2013



Since the climate here in Singapore is pretty much one eternal summer, I am always trying to find a balance between creating interiors that are cozy and lovely to live in but also are not too dark and heavy. I love the look of a dramatic black accent wall but can it work here in the tropics? I am working with a new client and I think they have the perfect space to give it a try. Here's some inspiration of interiors that are light and airy and also have the cool intensity of deep walls. One tip is to be sure to balance the dark wall color with lots and lots of white elsewhere in the space and to use a chalky or matte black - not a super shiny finish!

Have I convinced you? Do you think black walls can work when it feels August all year long? 








{via}


sb signature

2 comments:

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

I'm not sure I would have the courage to do it in my home, but I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Love this look! I think I am going to try it on my fireplace wall. I have never been too courageous with color but this speaks to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan