Instant Style: Textile Draped Headboard

Monday, September 30, 2013


One of my favorite styling tricks to add an instant boost to a bland bedroom is to simply drape the existing headboard with a textile! I know it is not complicated, but layering fabric or a rug over a plain headboard helps create a collected, casual and visually interesting look with no heavy lifting needed. It is also a great way to experiment with a burst of color - if you tire of it, it's so easy to swap out! A beautiful throw blanket, flat-weave area rug, quilt or vintage textile all can work wonderfully. Maybe you already have a favorite piece at home to try? Here are a few of my favorite examples. . .






For a little retail inspiration, here are four textiles available online right now {bonus: they all ship to Singapore, wow!}

This Eivor throw from Ikea would be so graphic and fun! 


One of these richly hued Kantha Quilts from West Elm would add so much warmth and texture too:



I love the geometric pattern and soft hue of this blue Moroccan Dhurrie rug:


Or how lovely would this vibrant vintage Suzani textile be? 



Have I convinced you to try this trick at home? 
Happy Styling! 
sb signature

2 comments:

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Such a simple idea, I love it!

Javi + Sarah said...

Hola! Could you please tell me the source for the first image? I'm sorta obsessed with the duvet cover and shams and would love to hunt them down. Thanks! xoxo, Javi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan