Designer Tip: Bold, Striped Headboards

Tuesday, October 22, 2013



Did you know that the US, Singapore, Australia all have different size mattresses? Totally unimportant info for some of you, but as a designer in Singapore working with tons of expats, this is driving me mad! My solution? Create custom headboards and bed frames for each client so any 'nationality' of mattress will fit perfectly! I love working with my upholsterer here to design custom beds, and how each bed can be customized with exactly the scale, style, fabric and special detailing I want. Usually we select a solid fabric but lately I am loving the idea of a bold striped headboard! A striped headboard is a great way to add instant visual interest and graphic appeal to a bedroom and stripes also pair so beautifully with more organic patterns {such as the floral print above}! 

Here is a little of my inspiration . . . 












If you can't have one custom made, there are some beautiful retail options out there too!



I also love this one from Target and this beauty from Horchow. And if you living in SGP and fancy a custom headboard just drop me a line! 


sb signature

1 comment:

james@custom homes midlothian said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice design of headboard. What a variety of headboards you have given, really making us easy to choose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan